Sunday 19 February 2012

Somthing Old

There's something magical about being able to incorporate a special family heirloom or antique into a wedding. For me, I am "making over" the same veil that both my mother and my grandmother wore when they were married.
I've ordered my veil, just a single layer, fingertip length white one. I intend to have a dressmaker add my mother's veil layers to it when the veil arrives, in about 10 days time.
I also inherited, from my paternal grandmother, my great-aunt's engagement ring. While it is gorgeous, the style is not something that is "me". I want to get a jeweller to melt the ring down into a plain gold band, and set the diamonds into it. A simple wedding band, that will match my engagement ring.
What was your something old? Or, what will it be?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have a something old, no one that I know of in my family bar my great-grandparents had a happy marriage. Seeing as we are making our own "traditions", we might see if we can replace the old with something else important to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to find anything left from my grandmother's wedding- I have yet to find anything.

    Its really quite sad.

    I'll probably get something from my mother.

    ReplyDelete