Monday 16 July 2012

Wedding rings

I brought my wedding band yesterday.
I spied this through the window of a very exclusive jewellers in the city. I've always admired this style of wedding ring, the brushed white gold, with shined gold borders.
Mum and I went in, and I asked to try it on alongside my engagement ring.
It was a perfect fit.
I then saw the price.
For an 18carrat gold band, it was priced at $1000.
As much as it pained me to let go of the "perfect" ring, I mentally parted with it, as the main jeweller came over to assist us.
I asked him if there was a chance it was on sale.
He said that it was.
I was expecting him to say it was down to $850, or something like that.
He then told us that it had been in the store, handmade 5 years ago.
The jeweller then said that because it had been in the window for so long, that we could have it for the price of $280.00.

My jaw fell open,and I looked at my mum in shock.

Needless to say, we took it home.


3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful, and with a great price you scored well! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! its beautiful and you scored on the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant article. I would suggest looking at this site - they provide beautiful made-to-order diamond jewellery.
    Loose Diamonds

    ReplyDelete